Monday, April 14, 2014

Peer Review French Periods

I first looked at Katrina's blog post on the French Periods. I love that she chose Rococo like me. I like how she compared it to the "shabby chic" style we see today. I actually did my bedroom in high school in a shabby chic manner. It was good that she brought up we see this style being recreated a lot today but it is good to know where it came from. She also brought up the wall panels being prominent, and parlors and sitting rooms becoming the focal point for socializing. She made a lot of good points that I left out. She even broke down the cabriole leg of the furniture.

I also got the chance to look at Leslie's blog. She talked more about the history of the rulers which gave me a great refresher. She talks about King Louis XIV and how he became ruler at the age of 5 years old. Her talk of the palace de verailles was good too, I found that whole complex to be very interesting and would love to visit there. She also had very cool modern day applications going on with the home theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment