Monday, March 3, 2014

Peer Review of the Americas

I got to review Margaret's blog first and I have to say I love the amount of pictures she put in her blog. It really inspires me to add more to mine in the future. Lots of visuals like that are great for people to understand better about the culture. Her pictures of the Olmec civilization are very interesting including the sculpture of the half jaguar baby limp for sacrifice. I also like her pottery of the Teotihuancan civilization showing the motifs they liked to use of birds and flowers. The ceremonial site Chichen Itza from the Mayas is also great to see. I was not aware it included the jaguar thrones and ritualistic furniture.

I also had the chance to look at Natalie's blog. Her current applications are great representing the pyramid form in architecture very well. I also enjoyed her video on the Inca empire, the largest empire in pre-Columbia America. I also learned from her Aztec description talking about the gods of war and gods of agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment